Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Reading Groups/Jobs

Today I felt brave enough to start our reading groups and job routine! I have not tested all the new kids yet (I have the ending year score from kindergarten). I told the kids the groups change ALL the time...they really do. Levels are constantly changing. I have one group of 3 or 4 kids work with me at the reading table while 5 other groups are working at their assigned jobs in various areas of the room. Jobs are basically centers. I call them jobs or else they will go hog wild! I see every reading group every day (except Fridays) and each group rotates through all 5 jobs daily. At Open House I will explain this routine further if you have any questions. It takes awhile for the kids to internalize how this routine works...they did a great job! I think we are ready to do it again tomorrow!

No comments: