Monday, October 26, 2009

My news...

My year this year started with a bang the minute the doors opened on the first day of school! Your kids are awesome and I've enjoyed the last 10 weeks being their teacher. We've spent these last couple of months working hard to establish our classroom norms to help make working and learning together easier for everyone. The children have worked hard learning how our reading groups operate, play math games fairly, work independently, ask questions when they need help and to be good problem solvers. In just a short time, I've seen everyone's reading and writing skills progress to the next level and a sense of community established. With that said, I am confident in saying everyone has had a great start, too!

It's with a heavy heart that I inform you that my last week has not been the healthiest for me. I apologize for not being at school but I hope you know by now that I would be there if I any way could. I am still undergoing more tests at MD Anderson and hope to be back shortly. Mrs. Amanda has done a great job internalizing my routine and will continue to do the best she can. She has a teaching degree, knows the kids and most of all, loves being in our class! When and if the time comes, she has agreed to be my long-time substitute and will have no problems stepping in at a moment's notice.

I regret not having better news. I want to remain positive and give myself the healthiest chance I can. Please keep in touch. The children make me the happiest!

Sincerely,
Mrs. Phillips

PS - I have about a week's worth of photos that still need to be added to the blog. I have a secret elf that takes pictures when I'm not around...you know I'm good for a few blog posts when I find the time!

No comments: