Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Is there a baby in the house?

Just a couple of things…

Is there a baby in your house that eats baby food from a jar? If so, we could use 6 jars! We use them for painting in class and don’t quite have enough!

Somehow the reading log did not make it into the homework packet yesterday. I had no idea until I had a pack of eager readers inquired about it first thing this morning! Since it was my mistake, I will not require the log to be finished this week but I know all of you are reading anyway, right? :-) I put a copy of the reading log in the Tuesday folders today. I told the kids they could earn an extra point for homework if it is completed.

If your child does not have a little pencil sharpener in their school box, I STRONGLY encourage buying one. The pencils are weird this year and for whatever reason my classroom sharpener does not like them!

Officially, we had 95% participation in PTO sign-up. I bet it really is 100% but because of all the mix-ups with the PTO website problems… that’s what it is. Thank you for participating and being so understanding. Look forward to getting your free school directory…you earned it!

Our art planner has started with a bang. Yesterday we learned a bit about Picasso. We found out that he created about 40 "Girl With a Ponytail" pieces of artwork! I challenged them to see if they could find 1 and bring a copy of the picture to class. They were especially interested to find out about the sculpture in New York that is as big as a house! The kids are loving it! I promise after the planner ends your child will have a wealth of artwork (and knowledge) to decorate your house!

Thank you to the Bogler’s for loaning us a digital camera until I can purchase a new one! You know I will put it to great use!
The school pictures are in! They are in Tuesday folders. You be the judge...

Have a great week!

1 comment:

Cathie Partridge said...

No baby in the house! Just wanted to say how amazed I am w/ your blog. I looked thru it a little more today. I'm gonna forward the blog address to some family members so they can see how truly amazing you are, Monica!

Thanks for all you do with/for our class!

Cathie