Tuesday, October 14, 2008

tidbits of information

Thanks to all who have contributed to the animal food drive. It was a great way to end our planner on attitudes and how they make the world a better place to live. We'll continue to collect pennies until Thanksgiving. We’ve learned how to show kindness to each other and our planet. It was nice to culminate this planner by showing that we can also be kind to animals in need. The kids are really into this, and so am I. This is a component of PYP: student action. It is not enough to just have knowledge …we must put it into action to better the world. The children are naturals, they have such sweet ideas. We adults can learn from their examples! Friday will be the last day to bring in a contribution.
We started our new PYP planner…"How We Express Ourselves.” Our central idea is through art, people express how they think and feel. Today we read, The Art Box by Gail Gibbons. We learned about primary colors, secondary colors and made a color wheel. Tomorrow we will discuss complementary colors.
Recently, my fellow colleagues have voted for me to be a part of the Faculty Advisory Steering Council along with Mrs. Dauber. With that, I will be out all day Thursday meeting with Marvin Fairmen who will be doing the training and Tammie Daly will also be there. I'm sorry for the inconvenience...I HATE to be out of class so much!
In today's red folder you will find a consent form. Please sign and return ASAP. The children are being tested using the TPRI (the test I gave them last week!)...this will help improve the test for future use.
Here's some crummy news...my camera got dropped today and does not work anymore. Our class blog may have some delays until I can purchase another one. Bare with me...it's killing me, too! :-)

No comments: