Thursday, January 8, 2009

latest news...

The students have informed me that I forgot to put a reading log in my homework packet. My mistake. I told the kids they didn't have to read BUT I hoped they would! Of course, some automatically said out loud, "Arg, I didn't have to read. I read for nothing!" I of course, told them it would make my heart sing to know they read and didn't have to! I also told them the long term goal here is to love reading...and to do it for fun...even when they are grown-ups!

attention extended day students - Please be aware that the new semester paperwork is due FRIDAY.

Mr. Risner was our substitute yesterday. He's been around Mark Twain for years but I never had the privilege of having him substitute my class. He talked VERY favorably about our class and the kids seemed to like him, too. I was very proud of the kids for behaving and making good choices...even when I wasn't looking! Isn't that our goal for our kids?

Today we started telling time on the half hour and learning a new math procedure called "frames and arrows." Be on the lookout for it. Ask your kids to explain it to you!

Tomorrow I will be starting a new teacher read aloud, Because of Winn Dixie.

That's all I can think of for now. Enjoy this glorious day...we stayed at recess for 10 extra minutes!

No comments: