Thursday, May 21, 2009

last minute tips for Friday

I was at Maggie's award ceremony while Cathie, Sarah and Whitney fit one last Art a la Carte lesson into our year! Unfortunately, I did not get to really sit down with the children and remind them of a few things so here goes...
  1. Please return permission slip ASAP for our class party next Tuesday. We didn't realize we needed them so check backpacks!!
  2. Tomorrow is our waste-less picnic. Refer to an earlier post on this blog or the paper sent home in the Tuesday folder concerning your child's lunch tomorrow.
  3. Wear field day shirts tomorrow to the waste-less picnic AND the class party next Tuesday...I didn't even tell the children that!
  4. Tomorrow is not free dress...the last day of school is.
  5. Tomorrow is Fun Friday. Your children know this. At the beginning of the week I gave everyone 30 minutes (30 squares on a paper). I told them about Fun Friday...a time where we could play with toys from home for 30 minutes! Here's the catch...any off-task time had to be paid to me in minutes and snip off a square or two! As the week wore down, some have fewer minutes to play than others. My only rule about the toys...it has to fit in their backpack!

No comments: