Thursday, May 29, 2008

Extra Workbooks

By now you've probably dug into your child's backpack and discovered the huge bag of notebooks and workbooks. You are probably wondering...what have they been doing all year? It looks like they've done nothing! You are right! All of those workbooks are given to us by the state but Mark Twain isn't much of a workbook kind of school. Feel free to do whatever you think is right for your child concerning the extra books. We've covered all the objectives this year so if you were to give your child summer work, it would be a review...which is not a bad option! The thin blue language arts book is actually a 2nd grade workbook so if you want to get a head start, that's the one for you. The last option falls right in line with our last planner on ecology...recycle them all!
I've told the children to feel free to email me throughout the summer via the blog in the comment section at the bottom of every post. I will answer every email! I also told them they could have their parents email me photos of their summer and I could post them on the blog for everyone to see...virtual show and tell!
I will miss your children terribly....they were such a big part of my day...and heart! Thank you for a great year!

Love, Mrs. Phillips

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We just got back from our trip to
kansas city.