Monday, September 22, 2008

Here's What I Know...

  • school starts tomorrow...Tuesday, September 23rd
  • we will not have early dismissal on Wednesday
  • relaxed dress code
  • extended day program will resume tomorrow
  • free breakfast and lunch for all children for 2 weeks - no to the teachers!
  • no homework

I know many of us still have no power, myself included. Mrs. Dauber knows and understands that many are living in different living situations, have no laundry facilities, eating on the run, difficult traffic challenges, etc. Two-thirds of the district will not be returning tomorrow... we are one of the "lucky" ones. It is not clear yet whether we will be getting any Galveston refugees...we'll just have to wait and see. I know we are all tired and didn't have a restful hurrication. I am looking forward to seeing all the children and hearing their stories...I know there will be many!

No comments: